Flights into the Republic of Cyprus land at Larnaca or Paphos International Airports. Several budget airlines offer direct flights to Cyprus. Visa requirements: EU citizens require no visas to enter the Republic of Cyprus. Non-EU citizens should check their visa requirements at http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/ in case they need to apply for a visa in advance.
Where to stay
We are happy to have the Troodos Hotel (www.troodoshotel.com) as a partner on our team for this event! The Troodos hotel offers special rates for runners taking part in the Buff® Troodos Mountain Ultra. The Troodos hotel is ideally situated in the Troodos square and its beautiful restaurant and outside café will serve as our race headquarters. A great place to spend some time at before and after the race. Send an email to [email protected] to make use of the special rates.
Cancellation policy- Registration fee refunds
- Cancellation policy – Refund of registration fees.
- Until 15 August 2018, 50% of the registration fee.
- Until 31 August 2018, 25% of the registration fee.
- From 1 September 2018, no refunds will be given.
All races will start and finish at Troodos square. Deadline for entries: Monday, 10/9/18 at 24:00. Entries will officially close at midnight. Registration of pre-registered runners will take place on Friday evening and Saturday morning. Race numbers can be collected up to one hour before the start of the relevant race.
Qualified medical assistance will be available throughout the race. The event is supported by the Civil Defence Rescue Team (Nicosia Kyrenia department) . All participants will be required to sign an indemnity form before being allowed to run and declare that they are medically fit to compete in the event.
105k runners will pass through a total of nine checkpoints/aid stations and finally finish in Troodos Square, where they started. There will be a total of five aid stations for the 80km ultra — one about midway along each of the 3 loops, and the main refreshment station at Troodos Square from where runners will pass twice. For the 50km and 25km races, there will be aid stations midway along each loop plus the main refreshment point at Troodos Square. The distance between refreshment stations will be 12-15km, depending on the terrain, so runners will have to be able to be self-sufficient for these distances. NB For the 10km race there will be one refreshment point. All refreshment stations will offer a full range of foodstuffs and drinks, including bananas, oranges, biscuits, crisps, Coke, soft drinks and water, while the main refreshment station at Troodos Square will also offer soup and bread as well as tea and coffee.
Minimum age for entry
BUFF® Troodos Mountain Ultra 105k / BUFF® Troodos Mountain Ultra 80k/ BUFF® Troodos Mountain Ultra 50k/ BUFF® Troodos Watercourse Whopper 25k: 18+ BUFF® Troodos Trot 10k Minimum age for entry: 14+ (need signed parental consent). Children 10+ who have experience in running long distances (over 5km) can enter the race (need signed parental consent) provided that they are accompanied by an adult responsible for them at all times during the race.
The race is organized by One Step Further Ltd, an outdoor activities company that organizes a variety of outdoor activities for children and adults all over Cyprus and abroad. The course is designed and managed by Cyprus Trail Runners, an enthusiastic non-profit group which organizes trail runs and races across the island year round. The first Troodos Ultra was a 50k race held in 2015, at a smaller local scale and it was enthusiastically welcomed by local runners. The dream was born and in 2016 the first official BUFF® Troodos Mountain Ultra was held with a total of 4 races: 80k, 50k, 25k and 10k. The response was beyond expectations and thus a great yearly event was established. This year a 105k ultra has been added. The team is committed to offering runners and their families a truly unique overall experience in Troodos and in Cyprus, since the major cities, the beach and landmarks are at close proximity.
- BUFF® Troodos Mountain Ultra 105km –85 €
- BUFF® Troodos Mountain Ultra 80km – 70 €
- BUFF® Troodos Mountain Ultra 50km – 50 €
- BUFF® Watercourse Whopper 25km – 30 €
- BUFF® Troodos Trot 10 km – 15 €
All fees include VAT.
- working, charged cellphone with important phone numbers loaded (local emergency numbers, race director, checkpoint managers)
- water carrying capacity of at least 2 litres; depending on your water consumption needs, you may not need to carry 2 litres at all times, especially earlier when it is cool, but when it gets hotter you need to have the storage capacity available to carry enough water *Runners tackling the 10k race do NOT have to carry two litres of water but should at least carry a filled 500ml water bottle.
- headlamp (for 105k and 80km runners)
- cup for liquid refreshments (for environmental reasons, cups will not be provided at the checkpoints)
- wet-wipes/tissue paper
- BUFF® headwear
- Trail running shoes with good grip are recommended for your safety.